- Why Know Jesus?
- Rightly Dividing the Word of God
- Doctrinal Declarations of Faith
- The Providence Of God
- Fall Iinto Sin and the Corrupt State of Man
- God’s Eternal Decrees
- The Trinity
- Of Apostolic Faith
- The Attributes Of God
- Christ Jesus
- Mans Will and Free Will
- Election and Predestination
- True Faith Justification and Repentance
- Adoption and Sanctification
- The Perseverance of the Saints
- Assurance of Salvation and Good Works
- Doctrinal Studies
- The History of the Pentecostal Movement
- Errant Pentecostal Doctrines And False Apostles And Prophets Introduction
- Periods And Confirmations Of God’s Revelation
- The Foundation Of The Church
- The Baptism With The Holy Spirit and The Filling of The Holy Spirit According to Scripture
- Signs Wonders Healing And Miracles For Who And By Who?
- The Apostles The Difference Between True And False
- Real and False Prophets
- The Prophets Of The New Testament
- Personal Conclusions
- CAN A CHRISTIAN BEAR ARMS AND DEFEND HIMSELF AND OTHERS
- (Italiano) E’ BIBLICO PER UN CRISTIANO USARE LEGITTIMA DIFESA PER SE E PER ALTRI?
- The Sanctity of Life and Value of Human Life
- The Importance of the Family to God
- Roles In The Family As In The Church
- The Role of Man and the Responsibilities of a Husband
- The Role of the Woman and the Responsibilities of the Wife
- Responsibilities of Father and Mother to Teach Train and Discipline their Children
- The Responsibilities of The Children in the Family
- The Letter of Paul to the Romans Introduction
- Romans Chapter One
- Romans Chapter Two
- Romans Chapter Three
- Romans Chapter Four
- Romans Chapter Five
- Romans Chapter Six
- Romans Chapter Seven
- Romans Chapter Eight
- Romans Chapter Nine
- Romans Chapter Ten
- Romans Chapter Eleven
- Romans Chapter 12 Verses 1-2
- Romans Chapter 12 Verses 3-11
- (Italiano) Introduzione Alla Lettera di Paolo Ai Romani
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Uno
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Due
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Tre
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Quattro
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Cinque
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Sei
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Sette
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Otto
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Nove
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo Dieci
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo 11
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo 12 Versetti 1-3
- (Italiano) Romani Capitolo 12 Versetti 4-11
- Mission Ministry
Welcome to our website. Peace and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be your abundance and God bless you greatly. We wish to introduce.Read More
In July 1999, the Lord utilized Joan and I for a brief missionary trip to Africa organized by our church in the USA and in cooperation with World Mission Center of South Africa . There, by the will of God, we established a relationship with a Pastor and a small Evangelical church in the nation of Malawi Christian Covenant Church. After we returned to the USA for the next ten years, in other words till the present day we have maintained a close relationship and contact with this church. It is a church that by God’s grace we were able to help in many ways, financially at times and mostly spiritually, to grow both in number and spiritually in Christ. Distance for God does not exist in order to be used by Him effectively. We want you also to know this church and together also with your partnership, if God places them on your heart, we can help them edify the Church of Jesus Christ in this country. This is a church with a missionary and an evangelistic heart, they predominantly minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Yao people and the Muslim population. You can find all their history, mission statement and ministries in this section.
CHRISTIAN COVENANT CHURCH—CCC
Christian Covenant Church was started in May 1999 and the church was registered in 2002 under the Laws of Malawi. The church was started as a result of the missionary work among the Muslims. At first the church targeted Muslims with the Good News but now the door is open to other unreached people groups. Christian Covenant Church is a Pentecostal Evangelical Church with 17 churches and 5 churches in Mozambique. The head church is at Area 24 in Lilongwe, which is the Capital City of Malawi. Malawi is a country in Africa and its neighboring countries are Tanzania in the North, Zambia in the West while Mozambique in the east and south. Malawi is known as the Warm Heart of Africa with 12 million people. The founder of Christian Covenant Church is Mwalimu (Teacher) Songolo Mposa who is the Bishop of the Church. Mwalimu Mposa in an ex-Muslim. He has the expertise on how to reach Muslims and turn them to Jesus. The tract which he wrote entitled, “The Truth about Jesus in the Qur’an is of great help. He is married to Emma and God has blessed him with five children, three boys and two girls.
To let the people who are in darkness see light through the preaching of the Word, be healed and be delivered.
To reach the unreached people groups with the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ and prepare the Bride for the coming of the Bridegroom and establish Christian Covenant Churches.
1. PRAYER PROGRAMS
We intensify much on prayer since prayer is the greatest weapon in the mission field. We have different prayer groups, praying for the church, those going out as well as our partners. You are free to contact us so that we can include your name on our prayer list.
We embark on children evangelism since we know that it is good to teach a child while young so that when he is old he will not turn away from what he or she was taught. Children have a big responsibility because in future they will be leaders as well. Awan clubs are helping these children. You can join these children or help them on what they are doing.
3. YOUTH MINISTRIES
We have different youth programmes such as Sunday School, Bible Study, Intercession, Evangelism, Music, Awan Clubs and Social Activities. The Bible encourages us to reach the youth so that we can have a strong church tomorrow. If you want to join our youth you are free to contact us.
4. WOMEN DEPARTMENT
Women in or church are not behind they are at the forefront. They have different activities such as Bible Study, Prayer, Soul Winning, Music, Ministry of Compassion and other Social programs such as sowing and farming.
We have a lot of orphans in Malawi due to HIV/AIDS. In our church we have some orphans which needs help. Twelve of them are being helped by the church through home based care since right now we do not have the capacity to build an orphanage. The Bible teaches us to look after the needy people, therefore, it is our and your responsibility to take care of them.
Since Jesus commissioned us to go out and make disciples of all nations, therefore, we are geared for missions. Our first priority is to reach the unreached people groups e.g. Muslims, Hindu, Traditional groups and e.t.c. You are most welcome to partner with us in this mission field.
7. MISSION DEAPARTMENT
This is the department which is being headed by Mwalimu Mposa since he is an ex-Muslim. His testimony and the tract which he wrote entitled the “Truth about Jesus in the Qur’an” is of great help in this mission field. You may get the tract and the testimony on request. CCC is a missionary oriented Church. We are based on home missions since we have a lot of Muslims in Malawi not yet reached, thereafter we will target the entire Muslim World. Join us today on this mission field
8. HIV/AIDS PROGRAMS
We provide counseling and Home Based Care to those infected and affected with HIV/AIDS. We know that HIV/AIDS is a deadly disease, which is affecting the Church today. It is our responsibility to bring hope to those hopeless people. Jesus cares them and He died for them. We thank God because in our church three people came to an open to declare their status that they are HIV/AIDS positive. Pray for these people. One of them is well trained on HIV/AIDS issues. She is person of great help to the church and the entire community. Partner with us today in this exercise.
9. CHRISTIAN SUPPORT PROJECT
We integrate into Farm Ministry and Christian Development since Christ died for a total man which is body, soul and spirit. Our main focus is on food security for the alleviation of poverty. In Christ we are not tails but heads, we are not poor but rich. Your expertise is most welcome in this field. Just contact us.
10. EDUCATION WITHOUT BOUNDARY
This program focuses much on education. We have started a formal school at the church as well as the feeding program. W have the Baby Care Center, Nursery and Junior Primary School. We know that this is part of our responsibility since Missionaries brought schools to Africa. We challenge you to join us into this program.
We have a few ordained ministers in Christian Covenant Church. This is another area which needs our input in order for us to have much impact. Most of the churches are being run by lay-people. Here are some of the ordained ministers: Bishop S. Mposa – Visionary Leader Pastor E. Chitungu – Southern Region Overseer Pastor W. Kapasule – Central Region Overseer Pastor S. Masanda Pastor E. Kwenyani Pastor S. Lazaro Pastor P. Phiri Pastor F. Chavi Pastor G. Agone
We know that in unite there is power since we are not building our own kingdom of Christian Covenant Church but the Kingdom of Jesus Christ, therefore, we want to partner with any individual, church or ministry with the sound doctrine. We are a Pentecostal Evangelical Church. You are most welcome to join us and partner with us.
Christian Covenant Church
P.O. Box 2855
TEL: (265) 888 356 308
(265) 993 217 936
If you are willing to support us channel your funds to:
Christian Covenant Church
Standard Bank of Malawi
Account Number: 0121217519200
Swift Code: SBICMMWMX
Branch Code: 1016
Let us together build the Kingdom of Jesus Christ
The Truth about Jesus in the Qur’an
On a day I finished teaching the story about Jesus and the Prophet Muhammad, I was asked this question from a certain young man, ”Do we find Jesus in the Qur’an? “ I answered so fast, “Yes!” but it took me so long to start thinking deeply about this question. While I was wondering about this question, I knew for sure that many Christians do not know that Jesus is found in the Qur’an. For this reason, I call it grace to all of you my fellow Christians and my lost beloved Muslims, because I have revealed the truth about Jesus in the Qur’an. The Holy Book of Islam is written in Arabic which is a strange language to many people. However, I have confidence that this truth which has been revealed will help you and others. In the Qur’an Jesus is known as Isa. I do not know where the Prophet of Islam got this name because if we can compare the original languages of the Bible, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek we cannot find this name Isa. We only find Joshua, Yeshua and Jesus which means Savior. When respecting Jesus in the Qur’an they call him Isa bun Mariam, meaning Jesus the son of Mary. I am proud to hear about these words because even the Qur’an agrees that Jesus has no earthly father like you and me. It is well known that no one uses the name of his mother as a surname but that of his father. This tells us about the divine nature of Jesus. If you can read the scriptures from LUKE 1:30-33 can help you. “And the Angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary, for thou hast found favour with God. And behold, thou shall conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shall call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the highest and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and of his kingdom there shall be no end”. Now compare these scriptures with the words in the Qur’an, “O Mariam (Mary), Allah (God) give you good tidings of a word from Him whose name shall be the Messiah, Isa (Jesus), the son of Miriam, highly honored in this world and next: and he shall be one of those brought near to Allah (The house of Imran 3:45). Science and history testify to this divine nature of Jesus Christ who had no earthly father. Muhammad, the prophet of Islam had an earthly father like you and me, His father was called Abdallah while his mother was Amina. Without wasting much time, let me reveal the whole truth about Jesus in the Qur’an in this way: He was born of a virgin (S.19:20) He was holy and faultless (S.19:19) He is the Messiah (S.4:171) He is the Word of God (S.4:171) He is a Spirit from God (S.4:171) He created life (S.5:113) He healed the sick (S.5: 113) He raised the dead (S.5:113) He came with clear signs (S.4:33) He is a sign of mankind (S.19:21:21:01) He is illustrious in this world and hereafter (S.3:45) He was raised to heaven (Where he still is) S.4:158) He will come back for judgment (S.43:61) *Key: S= Sura which means chapter in the Qur’an. With this description you have understood the whole truth about Jesus in the Qur’an. My aim is not to undermine your religion but to help those who do not know this truth to come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ (John 8:32). Some educated Muslims know it, but they do not reveal it (Matthew 23:13). Take your Qur’an now and prove it to yourself about this truth. If you do not read Arabic find an English Qur’an to assist you. Now is the time for Muslims not to be ignorant about the knowledge of Jesus in the Qur’an. In Malawi today, Muslims have translated the Qur’an into Chichewa (local language). Muslims claim that the Qur’an is a book which came straight from heaven and no man with dirty hands should touch it. Let not these words prevent you from finding the truth. Arabic is similar to any language spoken on this earth. God is looking for an inside righteousness not the outward righteousness – hypocritical. (Matthew 23:25-28) “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrite! For ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto me, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity”) Jesus said, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free,” (John 8:32). Definitely, now I have faith that you are free because you have known this truth. Follow Jesus today, because he is the Way of truth to eternity. (John 14:6).
To become a Christian you must know the following:
(1) “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23 (2) “For the wages of sin if death” Romans 6:23 (3) “But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8. (4)“But as many as received him, to them gave the power to be his sons” John 1:12. (5) To receive forgiveness of sins you must have His sacrifice. “For it not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.” Hebrews 10:4. (6) “By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” Hebrews 10:10
To be saved you must do the following:
(1) Realize and confess that you are lost. John 1:19. (2) Realize and confess that you are a sinner without hope and without God in this world. Ephesians 2:11-13. (3)Ask God to forgive you for Christ’s sake. Ephesians 4:32. (4)Believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord Romans 10:9-13
When you have done these things then
(5) Get baptized to identify in His death, burial and resurrection. Romans 6:1-8. (6) Find other Bible believing Christians and fellowship with them. Hebrews 10:25. TESTIMONY OF PASTOR SONGOLO GETTO MPOSA SENIOR PASTOR AND OVERSEER OF CCC My full name is Songolo Getto Mposa. I was born on 4th May, 1967 in a town called Chinhoyi, Makonde District in Zimbabwe. I am a third born in the family of eight children, four boys and four girls. We are all alive as well as my parents. My father went to Zimbabwe to look for greener pastures. After some years in 1985 he thought of coming to his homeland, Malawi. My home place is Machinga district in the Southern Region of Malawi. Former President Bakili Muluzi who is a Muslim comes from this district. Islam is recognized as a tribal religion by the Yao. It is hard to find a Yao person being a Christian, but by God’s grace I belong to Jesus. Besides me, many Muslims are responding to the Gospel of Jesus today. During my youth age, I was sent to Madrass (Muslim Religious School). I was taught to read the Qur’an (Muslim Holy Book) and to interpret it. I was so fast and zealous to learn much about my religion. I used to read a lot of books written by Ahmad Deedat from South Africa. At the end I was so aggressive because I used to fight for Allah and I had to back my religion at any cost. To harm or to kill a Christian is something precious before Allah as what the Qur’an and Hadith (tradition) teaches. I used to call Christians Kaferi (unbelievers). I was rejecting the trinity and the godhead of Jesus Christ. Demons and evil spirits in Islam were using me. My grandfather was a Mulla (a Muslim religious leader) who was the in-charge of three big Mosques (a muslim prayer house). I was going to be his successor after his death, an idea which was not inline with God’s plan upon my life. Islam to me was part of my culture as what many Muslims believe as well.
1987 is the year I was converted to Christianity. During that time I was living with my brother at a sugar plantation at Nchalo in Chikwawa district. It was in April during Easter Holiday. The preacher was preaching about the resurrection of Jesus. The scriptures were taken from Acts Chapter 2 verses 29-36. It was my first time to hear such a powerful and anointed message. Before giving my life to Jesus, I had to compare the two prophets Jesus and Muhammad. To my conclusion I found that Jesus is more than a prophet. He died and was buried like other human beings but on the third day he rose from the dead. Even the Qur’an testifies about this event, “Allah raised Him up to Himself” (Women 4:158). I accepted Jesus to be my Lord and Personal Saviour. That day I went home being a free and a happy person (John 8.32). But for Muhammad the Prophet of Islam, his remains are still in the grave in Medina. His spirit is in Barzakh (partition) waiting for judgement, the Qur’an says so, The Believers 23:100 cf The Criterion 25:53). Jesus is going to be His judge (Gold Adornments 43:61). I was really deceived by this false prophet because there is no salvation in Him. Lake of fire was going to be my last destination but by God’s grace, Jesus saved me. My first step in my Christian life was so hard. Conflict and rejection were my first experiences. I had to leave my brother since darkness and lightness cannot stay together. At my home village the door was closed as well. According to the law of apostasy in Islam, I was considered as a rebellious child. They had to do whatsoever they wanted to me. But in that state God provided a way because a Christian friend from Nsanje district adopted me. We stayed together at his home village. On top of that I met my spiritual father the pastor of the Church I was attending. He taught me how to grow spiritually. After three years of struggle, God promoted me because His calling was upon my life. My desire was to become a Pastor in future. God answered my prayers because a certain Christian family sponsored me to go to Bible College in 1990. The college I went to was Assemblies of God School of Theology. Upon my graduation, I was awarded a Diploma in Theology. After my completion at the Bible College in 1993, I was pastor of a Church in Blantyre (commercial city of Malawi). It is during that time that the Lord spoke to me about the lost Muslims. The calling and the vision about Muslims began to become bigger and bigger. My heart started to cry for my fellow Muslims (Romans 10:1-4) Paul was praying for Israel but I was praying for Muslims. In 1996 I went for further studies at Nairobi Evangelical Graduate School of Theology in Kenya. At NEGST I obtained a certificate on Graduate level course in Islam. Call of Hope Bible College by correspondence Stuttgart, Germany are the ones who sponsored me. I have benefited a lot spiritually through their literature which I am studying, on top of that their correspondence school. Their books are so important for someone who wants to be equipped on reaching out Muslims In 1994 with my fellow believers we started a Christian group by the name of Africa’s Hope Ministries. We changed the name later on to be HOPE AFRICA MINISTRIES – HAM. Our aim was to reach Muslims with the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ. This motto remains the same even today. Islam gained the momentum in Malawi because from 1994 to 2004 the State President was a Muslim. From 1994 they gained power and doubled in number. Muslims are aiming to overcome Christians. Their dream is to Islamise Malawi, even Africa. HAM started as a small group witnessing and distributing tracts. By God’s grace the ministry grew. Today we have established it as a Church by the name of Christian Covenant Church. CCC is a registered independent Church. We have a total number of 17 Churches in the Southern Region as well as Central Region of Malawi. Our heard couch is in Lilongwe where I am staying. At my home village where Muslims are in majority, we have planted three Churches. We always visit and encourage them. The literature, which we are writing in Chichewa and Yao (native languages) are of great help.
My heart is for missions among Muslims. If Jesus managed to save me, why not other Muslims. I am the right person to show them the right way to heaven (John 14:6). I hope to meet a number of them in heaven one day. I am appealing to other Christian organisations to join hands with me in this spiritual battle (Ephesians 6:12). I need your partnership in any direction the Lord might lead you. Above all, God gave me my life partner. Her name is Emma. We are both coming from the same background. She is my backbone to the ministry. God has blessed us with five children, three boys and two girls. Their names are Blessings (Madalitso), Joy (Chimwemwe), Innocent, Benjamin and Chisomo (Grace).